Wednesday, February 15, 2012

One week old!!

Alexander turned one week old on Monday. Its been so wonderful to be home. Alexander is doing great. He has gained 1 lb. since birth and is perfectly healthy. He loves sucking on his hands, and loves to be swaddled tight, but as long as his hands are by his face. He sometimes sleeps with his hands above his head. He is a great eater and loves snuggling with Daddy. He hates tummy time, but he is getting stronger. He is trying to figure his nights and days, and is a little mixed up- but I'm sure he will get it down soon! (At least we hope so!!) We just love having him with us and being home. We are so grateful for a healthy baby.

My Mom has been here for a few days and it has been fantastic to have her wine and dine us- and get a few extra hours of sleep. I am so grateful for her, she is such a great example and an inspiration to me. I don't know how she had 9 nine kids- now that I have one, it seriously makes me more grateful for everything her and my Dad do and have done for me. 

These are pictures of our days in the NICU- with Grandpa Wray



With Grandma Wray- about to sneeze




With J.C.


With Kaylee


Great Grandma and Grandpa Hammer





With Mommy! My favorite parts of the day.

 We were so happy when the Dr. approved to have us go home Sunday, after a day of vigorous tests like being in an open crib for 24 hours and keeping a steady temperature, and the "car seat challenge" which was being in his car seat for 90 min. and maintaining his oxygen levels. He passed all of these with flying colors. We thought it was going to be Monday, but he let us go early. Taylor pulled the Birthday card, of course! It was such a treat to go home on Taylor's Birthday and celebrate at home with our family. Here he is during his car seat challenge. 

 With Uncle Chase



Chase and McKenzie. I'm pretty sure Taylor was saying, "Say wedding video!"- (Thanks to John)


Here is Alexander in his go home outfit, and meeting Aunt Paige for the first time.


Taylors Birthday Cake! He hates cake, so he picked out these Raspberry Cheesecake cookies that we love.


He loves his bouncer! Thanks to Tan and Rach Leishman!!!

A visit from Great Grandma and Grandpa Wray





Snuggling with Daddy





First bath!





1 comment:

  1. He's gorgeous! Glad you guys are doing so well and enjoying that cutie! I wish I could snuggle him!

    ReplyDelete