Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jim Jensen

Our good family friend, and my Dad's best friend passed away suddenly about a month ago. We had just spent the 4th of July with him and his wife at their Ranch. I posted about it here. It has been one of those experiences that kind of shake you and has helped us remember how the special gift of life. He influenced me and my family so much and did so much for so many people. It was a special treat to be able to attend his funeral. My Dad spoke, as well as Elder L. Tom Perry and Elder Ringwood of the 70. Growing up I always thought Jim was actually my uncle, I think him and my Dad look alike, and they were so fun to be around because they teased each other endlessly. The last memory I have of Jim was when he took us on the ranger ride through his ranch. He was teasing my dad about getting a new ranger, when my got out to unlock a gate and he leaned back to me and said, that you know you have a good friend when you can, "give them as much shit as I give Allen, and he doesn't care." Ha ha I'll never forget that because it was true for the both of them.

A special memory was when Jim and his family came to visit me in Nauvoo. I love this picture. Thanks Jim for all of your hugs and kind words.

No comments:

Post a Comment