Monday, May 20, 2013

Birthday and cousins visit

I turned 26 this week! Woot woot. It was such a great day. Taylor took us for a ride to see my birthday surprise. He bought me a barn! Well, a side of a barn that is still standing. I love old barn wood and the best part it is that is was painted bright pink! So it is weathered pink barn wood. I should have taken pictures, but I didn't have my camera, and my phone is ancient. I am so excited so start making something! Then we got some breakfast and ate it at home. Taylor headed to work and Al and I took a little nap. My Mom drove up from UT to spend the day with us and got there about 10:30. We hung out for a little while Al and then headed to the zoo. We love going to the zoo, so we were excited to have my mom along with us.
Checking out the monkeys- they are our favorite:)

Waving hello!



Getting a drink from the lions mouth.








We went out to lunch and did a little shopping before she had to head back home. It was such a treat to spend the day with her and we can't wait to live closer so we can do it more often. After she left, Taylor came home from work. I didn't feel like going out so we just got some take out and watched Safe Haven- another gift from Taylor. It was a perfect day, I got to spend it with all of my favorite people:)

Then on Friday, my brother Dave and his wife Shauna came to visit us with their 2 boys. When Taylor and I were first dating they lived in Rexburg so we hung out with them alot. Then they moved to Denver, but they recently moved back to UT, so we love seeing them more! We had a lot of fun with them and Al loved playing with their boys. I wish I would have taken more pics- I got these when they were all ready for church.
Ha ha this one is my favorite



2 comments:

  1. A side of a barn? Wait wait wait...and you didn't even include pics? Where is the evidence of this? I think when I turned 26 I got a. . . bracelet. lol. Take a pic of yo barn, honey! Sometime...someday...somehow...( I get you on the ancient phone...I have a pay as you go that looks like a blackberry so people think I'm "rich" but I'm really broke!) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I totally know the barn you are talking about! I took family pictures there for someone before it fell down. Is it between Idaho Falls and Shelley in the country?

    ReplyDelete