Saturday, July 7, 2012

Jenny's Lake Hike

This morning we woke up early and headed to Jackson Hole to hike Jenny's Lake. It is about 2.5 hours from our house, so it was a nice little outing for us. I love Jackson Hole! It reminds me of Park City and I just love the atmosphere and the beautiful cascading mountains. Taylor and I drive up there and dream of one day owning a ranch in the area. Anyways, we were excited to take the baby on his first hike. We took the ferry across Jenny's Lake and then hiked up to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point, then looped back around and took the ferry back. We got there when it was still cool and before the crowds got there. It was so beautiful. The cool mountain air felt air felt so good and it was so fun to be out in nature.


Oh this picture cracks me up. The baby was such a trooper!

Getting ready for the ferry







Snot nose? Yes of course!

Can you spot the fish? The water was so clear!





On the ferry




Stopped for a little lunch break for the baby before we headed up the trail


 Beautiful stream and water falls.








 I cannot imagine ever climbing up those babys! They are huge! Ha ha I kept saying they were "DD's" because we all know what Teton means in French.

 The view of the lake was beautiful. We stopped and had a little snack and played with the very friendly chipmunks.










 Trying to get a timer shot!


Tons of wild flowers everywhere! I think this is indian paint brush....where is my mom when you need her?!











Cool looking tree

We went the back way down because I was feeling extra adventurous...and it totally paid off! All of a sudden Taylor started running back up the trail towards me and was saying "Shhhh! back up!" It kind of freaked me out at first because I thought it was a bear, but it was just a moose. It was so close to us. That totally made the hike worth it!






















After the hike we went to this awesome burger joint in Jackson. We would totally eat there again. Such a fun weekend with my boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment