Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July weekend and more!

This weekend was fantastic! It was just what I needed to get through these next couple weeks of school crazyiness. We went camping up to Wolverine Canyon, it was just about 1 hour from our apartment. We drove up through Bone, and it was so beautiful. The drive was one of my favorite things of the night. We got lost, so it was even longer, and I threw up my dinner...but, camping was wonderful. So these first couple of pictures, I found on my old mission camera. The pictures were on the internal memory, so I haven't seen them in a long time. This first one was one when I was in the Tongan ward in Sacramento. It makes me laugh.

These are feet after a night of tracting in the rain.

These are my parents and some students from LDBC. My dad was a high councilman in a stake on campus. He got really close with a bunch of the kids. They are all from different countries.


This is when Liz came to visit me last summer and the horse stepped on my foot.




Ok. Now we get to the camping pictures. We took our bikes and rode for a little bit. It was seriously so beautiful.





This was our sweet camping spot.


Taylor made a great fire. We were right by this beautiful stream. It reminded me of my parents home in Alpine, when you can hear the creek when you wake up.















We had a great breakfast! Taylor made scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. Talk about gourmet! He made it on our new backpacking stove. It was so yummy...and of course I threw it up.




Doing the dishes.


We spent a few hours that morning riding bikes, then went down to the Wray's to check out our garden, and Taylor helped on the farm. I took a fantastic nap and talked to Jill. It was Jill's birthday and we had a fun party and Grandma and Grandpa Hammers house. We stayed late playing 'Scum.' Then Monday morning, we went to G&G Hammers again for a Hammer Family 4th of July Breakfast. These are pictures of our little ceremony before breakfast.


Cute Carson

Taylor singing 'My country tis of thee'


Landon with his hand over his heart.

Alyssa and Hannah leading the pledge



Cute Paige



Vince was out! And Bryson in the corner.


As you can see it was a great weekend. This week has been super crazy getting caught up with everything. Our laundry is still in baskets we take it in, but at least its clean! Today is our 6 month anniversary, and we only saw each other this morning for like 2 seconds. I gave my Senior Project dissertation this evening and Taylor is out at the farm helping his dad. School is so busy and I should be doing homework right now! Jill got another surgery this week, so we hope things will heal right this time. We are excited for the Wray family reunion this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment